The Ink Drinkers

A haven for Twilight lovers of all kinds. A place to role-play and write fanfiction to your heart's content.

BlogHomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

fanfics by Queen of Angst

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Queen of Angst
Chasing inspiration around the room

Female Number of posts : 377
Humor : silence is golden; duct tape is silver...
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:07 am

yeah, die hard harry potter geeks would have picked up on that, but an amazing number of people didn't. *shrug*

thank you so much! i do my best with emotions, since that's what i care about reading. loving to read them and failing to write them would make me a hypocrite, wouldn't it?

--Lilly Cullen
Friends don't put friends on their hitlists
--yours truly
Veni, Vidi, Visa... I came, I saw, I did a little shopping...
--Fumbling towards Ecstasy

contact me at inkdrinkersunite@gmail.com if you need anything.
see our blog at: http://inkdrinkersunite.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inkdrinkersunite.forumandco.com
Samantha Cullen
moderator supreme
moderator supreme

Female Number of posts : 103
Humor : An axel a day keeps the doctor away! (Really? Then why do I have so many bruises from trying?)
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Hmm. Strange. I thought it would be pretty obvious to anybody who's actually read the books that Harry doesn't have hazel eyes... oh well, I guess I'm just talking from an obsessive fan's perspective.

Yes, it would Razz But you don't fail to write them, so you ain't a hypocrite. (Not in this sense, at least Razz) I'm not particularly good with wriitng emotions. Well, sometimes I am, but at other times my writing is kind of bland that way. I'm working on it, though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.themaraudersandtherogues.piczo.com
KenshinLillith_Lovett
She who controls the alternate universe.

Female Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:45 pm

What does ----------- Mean in the story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queen of Angst

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:16 pm

kenshin: it means that i'm skipping in time. it's basically a page break.

sam: i woudl have thought so too, but a lot of people got it wrong. *shrug* then again, i'm an obsessive fan, so i shouldn't be talking.

yeah, and i HATE hypocrites with a passion, so i really shouldn't be one. that would be the ultimate hypocrisy Razz. but yeah, i only write them well because i use writing to get my emotions out. i got so used to brain dumping when i was depressed that now i can do it without being depressed. but i wrote some REALLY disturbing things for a while there!

--Lilly Cullen
--yours truly

Back to top Go down
Queen of Angst

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:18 pm

okay, to change things up a bit, this is sorta harry/ron. for those of you who have actually bothered to look at my profile, it's the story that sparked "The Ballad of Blaise and Ron." For the rest of you, all you need to know is that narrator is ron and one he's looking at is harry.
--------
Stolen moment

He lies there, his eyes closed and his face peaceful. I watch him, knowing I shouldn’t be here and not caring. I don’t care for rules anyway, and this time I care even less. After all, when it’s a choice of following the rules or being with him, the choice doesn’t even exist. No rules can keep me from him, especially not at a time like this.

He stirs, and his face changes, the peace vanishing and pain replacing it. I freeze, watching as he tosses and turns, wondering what’s wrong. I know he’s having another nightmare. How many nights have I lain awake, watching as he tosses in his bed, aching to wake him but not being able to?

He cries out, thrashing under his covers, and one of his hands flies free. I want to touch it so badly, but I can’t bring myself to disturb him. He clearly has more than enough on his mind. He doesn’t need to worry about a boy who loves him. After all, it’s not like he knows how I feel. If I thought he returned the feelings, it might be something, but he’s been joined at the hip with Malfoy for years. Oh, they won’t admit it, but I know. Everyone knows.

His mouth opens, and he whimpers, his breath coming in short, painful gasps. He speaks, and I wince at the pain in his voice. “No!” he whispers. “No, please! Don’t!”

I want to comfort him so badly, but I can’t. I can’t make myself touch him, can’t make myself disturb his perfect flesh with my touch. And why would he want me? He has Malfoy, a thousand times better for him than I would be. I’ll never admit it, but I envy Malfoy. No, not for his money or his family’s power, those don’t matter to me. No, it’s his closeness to the boy I love that I envy. I want to be the one to comfort Harry, want to be the one to hold his hand and sooth away his tears. But I won’t be. I will never be.

He thrashes again, and the blanket comes all the way off. Against my will, I reach over and smooth it back over him. He sighs slightly and seems to calm down. My hand doesn’t move away like I want it to, and I touch his exposed hand. A small smile creeps across his face, and I smile back, even though I know he can’t see me.

The clock strikes midnight, and I start. I didn’t realize it had gotten so late. With a sigh, I pull my hand back and look at him. He lies, not quite still, but not quite restless either. I have no choice but to leave, which I do reluctantly. As I close the door to the infirmary, I take one last look at him, at the boy I love. There is a smile on his lips and his breathing is steady. I close the door behind me, smiling. He will never know I came, and he will never know how I feel about him. I don’t need him to. It is enough that I can watch him like this, when he does not realize it. I will be content with this. I must be. It is all I will ever have.

--Lilly Cullen
--yours truly

Back to top Go down
KenshinLillith_Lovett

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Oh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queen of Angst

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:10 am

oh what?

--Lilly Cullen
--yours truly

Back to top Go down
KenshinLillith_Lovett

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Oh thats what ------ means
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queen of Angst

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Thu May 29, 2008 2:21 pm

sam, this one's for you: lilly and james. have fun.
------
Dreams that die hard

She was too good for him. He knew that, yet he couldn’t help hoping. And, for a while, it seemed his hope was justified. She would look at him, her big green eyes happy and trusting, full of friendliness and laughter. Friendliness for him, not Potter. She didn’t look at Potter, for which he was profoundly grateful. He hated Potter. He always had, even before Potter and his gang decided to make him their prime target. The other boy’s confident manner irked him in a way he couldn’t even begin to describe. The way the other boy thought he owned the world; the way he and his little friends thought they could get away with bending the rules and, even more, the way they invariably did. They were masters at pinning their tricks on others, especially him.

Yet there she was, the prettiest of them all, looking at him, not at Potter. He could hardly believe his luck. She said nothing, only looked, her green eyes friendly and inviting. He wished he had the courage to go up to her, to speak to her, to ask her what she wanted with him, but he could not. He was too afraid. Afraid of what Potter would say, afraid that she wouldn’t like him, afraid that fraternizing with a Gryffindor would hurt his already bad reputation in his own house. So he didn’t go over to her, contenting himself with watching and longing.

Clearly, she grew tired of waiting for him. Soon, the invitation turned to demand, and then to anger, and then to pain. That was when he stopped looking at her. He couldn’t stand to see the pain, couldn’t stand to know that he’d caused it. And, as she stopped looking at him and started looking at Potter, he cursed his cowardice, cursed his emotions, cursed the world, even as he knew he would never do anything more. He couldn’t. Not now. Perhaps he could have, before, when she still looked at him, but not now. Not when she looked at Potter, not at him.

Time passed, and she and Potter began to do more than look at each other. He stopped watching her, unable to bear the pain of seeing her with Potter, and she had long since forgotten him. Yet he couldn’t help longing, couldn’t help hating himself for what might have been, for what never could be. He’d lost his chance forever.

He hadn’t meant to spy on her, he truly hadn’t. He knew if he was caught, no one would believe him, but it was true. He knew he should leave, knew he couldn’t let himself stay, but his body wouldn’t move. He had to stay put, had to listen to what they were saying.

“Why not?” Potter demanded, his hated voice confused and hurt.

“I can’t.” That was her, pure and perfect, even now as she voiced her pain. “James, I just can’t.”

“Lil…” Potter didn’t know what to say, obviously. Severus couldn’t help feeling triumphant at that. She was cleverer than Potter would ever be – she was never at a loss for words.

“It’s not that I don’t love you. I do. You know I do. I just… can’t.”

Potter sighed, frustrated. “I know you love me. That’s just the problem. I love you too, Lil, and I want to do this. I won’t force you, but… can’t you at least tell me why?”

“No,” she whispered. “No. Please. Please don’t make me.”

Potter growled incoherently.

“Don’t you understand?” Her voice rose almost to a shout, and Severus winced. She should never have to shout like that.

“No, I don’t!” Potter was shouting too, his voice loud and harsh. “You don’t tell me these things, Lil. How can you expect me to understand if you don’t tell me?”

“I expect you to respect my privacy and not pry!”

Potter took a deep breath, clearly trying to calm down. When he spoke, his voice held a note of sorrow and rather more anger. “I can’t. I’m sorry Lil, I just can’t. It’s who I am.”

“Then go away,” she snapped, her voice telling Severus that she was on the ragged edge of losing it completely. “If you can’t understand that I need privacy, then just go away!”

“I will,” Potter shot back, his temper up once again. “Watch me.” Severus heard him stomp away, his ropes brushing against the floor. She stood stock still for a long moment, barely breathing, then, very suddenly, collapsed into tears. His breath caught. He couldn’t just stand there as she cried, yet going to comfort her would mean revealing himself. In the end, he did the only thing he could do: he fled. Back in his own room, under the privacy of his bed covers, he wept silently himself, for the opportunities he’d missed which would never come again. No matter what she thought of Potter, he knew that she would never turn to him, and he would never reveal himself, and the cycle of pain would continue until their death. There was nothing he could do.

--Lilly Cullen
--yours truly

Back to top Go down
KenshinLillith_Lovett

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:11 pm

YAY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kimerajamm
being touched by a plot bunny

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 pm

i have a couple like that too, but most of them are really nice about late work.

i don't remember that part, but it's the kind of thing that would happen in that movie!

masticate: to reduce to a pulp by crushing or kneading, as rubber. (thank you dictionary.com!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fanfics by Queen of Angst   Today at 7:17 am

Back to top Go down

fanfics by Queen of Angst
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2